Banana Little Bites by Alice in Healthyland is the perfect on-the-go or lunchbox snack! Easy to make and even easier to eat.
Snack time is real in all homes with kids…big or small! Some children exist on snacks alone, which is why it’s important to really think about your little ones snack choices. We have been lucky enough to be able to bring you a super easy and delicious recipe from Alice Bingham aka Alice in Healthyland. Alice’s streamlined approach to baking and her commitment to healthy eating is the perfect combination for recipes and snacks that your little one will love.
Not only are Banana Little bites delicious, but they are a great way to sneak those extra fruit and veggies in your little ones daily intake. Sometimes Alice adds a little spinach to these babies too. Great snacks for lunch boxes and the perfect sized portion for little tummy’s and hands.
(Makes approx 12 serves)
- 1 small zucchini (raw)
- 2 small bananas
- 1 organic egg or chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 3 tbsp water)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut water or milk of choice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into mini muffin tray
- Add in some fresh chopped strawberries or blueberries or raspberries to the top of the muffins if you wish.
- Bake on 180 degrees in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. They don’t take long as they are only bite size.
Note you can double or triple the recipe and freeze. You may just have to cook a little longer.
Great for lunchbox ideas.
About the Author
Alice is a Brisbane Mama to 4 little ones aged 5 and under. She is a health and wellness blogger @aliceinhealthyland on instagram, a Registered Nurse and loves creating new recipes for her little ones and online community to recreate.
She has recently started her solids journey with her 4th child, baby Arlo. He is 6 months and she is enjoying having a play when it comes to feeding him. He is using the grabease Toddler Fork and Spoon Set, Silicone Suction Bowl and 3 in 1 Baby Cup Set to explore his new adventure with food.