Need an easy and quick baby-led weaning recipe? Look no further than this delicious and nutrition Banana, Oat and Berry Bar. So delicious your little one will be asking for more.
(Makes approx 24 serves)
5 ripe Bananas
1 cup of Milk of choice
1.5 cups of wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup of rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
optional for babies over 1 - 1/2 cup honey.
Frozen mixed berries for topping
- in a blender jug, add the bananas, milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla essence and honey if using.
-blitz on high for 10 seconds. Put aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, and oats. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease a slice tin.
- Pour in batter. Top with rolled oats and frozen berries.
- Bake in a 140 degree celsius oven for 45 minutes.
- When cooked through in the centre, remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack.
-Serve warm from the oven for added deliciousness or cut into squares and freeze for future snack emergencies.
This recipe can be adapted to be dairy-free by using your favourite milk.