Join us for an Interview with BLWing blogger Sarina from ‘Stop The Munchies’ and find out her opinion on the benefits of Baby-Led Weaning!
Thanks to social media, we are now able to meet people we wouldn’t ordinarily connect with from a business perspective. I met Sarina through Instagram when she tagged @grabease.au in her posts and this started a lovely exchange between us about food, baby-led weaning and CJ’s (her son) development. I then had the pleasure of meeting her at the One Fine Baby Fair in Sydney. When we met in person and spoke, I realised her story was a great one to share with other families in similar circumstances or those researching how they wanted to start solids.
So, here we are…..Enjoy!
Why did you choose Baby-Led Weaning with CJ?
How old was CJ when you started?
What has been the biggest positive of BLW?
What has been the biggest negative of BLW?
Tell us your must-have tools to start the weaning journey
Here are my top 5:
- A Food Catcher or high-chair food catcher...This saved my carpet
- Suction Plates. Trust me a suction plate comes in handy for when they start throwing!!
- Sippy Cups. When bub starts solids, they should also be offered water!
- Smock/ Full cover bib we actually use a combo here! The grabease allover bib is so easy to machine wash and keeps both baby and highchair clean.
- Last but not least, our Grabease cutlery set. CJ is such a pro with scooping up yogurt and is now working on his fork skills! I stumbled across Grabease after seeing another insta account recommend them and have not looked back since!
The 'Stop The Munchies' story
Sarina is a Sydney-based Mum to 3-year-old CJ and the Mummy behind @stopthemunchies. Stop the Munchies came about in the hopes of sharing Sarina and CJ’s BLW Journey. Sarina is passionate about educating parents on all things BLW. If Sarina isn’t cooking she’s usually thinking about what she’ll be cooking next!